BMW Art cars - New Zealand exhibition

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by Old_skool_bmw, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Old_skool_bmw

Old_skool_bmw Member

Probably more use to us Kiwi's.

16 July - 12 August
    Event Centre
    Free with entry donation

"The current BMW Art Car collection of 15 cars tours the globe and has visited such prominent museums as the Louvre and Centre Pompidou in Paris, the Palazzo Grassi in Venice and the Guggenheim Museum in New York.

The four cars featured will include designs from world famous artists: Andy Warhol, Roy Lichtenstein, Frank Stella and Ken Done. Andy Warhols’ 1979 BMW M1 portrays speed pictorially with blurred lines and colours. The 1977 BMW 320i painted by Roy Liechtenstein casts a picture of passing scenery in which both the car and its movement are one single entity and the bright colours of Australian wildlife are reflected on Ken Dones’ BMW M3"

Im thinking of roadtripping it to Auckland, unless i decide to fly (boring... yawn, hehe :D) and if anyone wants to meet up in Auckland it would be a great time to meet up, talk cars, have a few beers!! :)

I'll try and find out if anyone from Auckland BMW NZ is going and plan a weekend around when they go, but im looking at maybe end of July??

Laurence.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  2. Kiwibloke

Kiwibloke Member

Laurance

The BMW Car Club are going on the 7th August ( Tuesday) which is going to be a private viewing ( after hours) which drinks and nibbles will be provided on the evening.

Wayne

3. Old_skool_bmw

Old_skool_bmw Member

Cool.. I'll see if I can get a few days off work and go up then.. Not too sure how we are booked for leave wth work but i'll try.

Would I need to contact Gerry and let him know numbers or is it alright to just turn up on the night?

Laurence.

4. Kiwibloke

Kiwibloke Member