August 29-31 Nuerburgring weekend (reservation list)

Discussion in 'Track Days and Meets' started by John, Aug 10, 2008.

1. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

John, I don't blame you.
    To be honest, I am a very bad passenger as well. As faster as I get myself, as more I get scared in other peoples car because you realise how precise one needs to drive when it gets faster and faster.
    One get's a little bit away with the wrong turn in points or braking if the speed isn't too high, but if you fly over Flugplatz in 5th gear without lifting you better know what you are doing :D

I do admire the teaching guy's doing this for a living. You have to sit in a car with somebody you haven't got a clue how good he can drive or what type of loonie he is. Not my cupp of tea

2. M3Bob

M3Bob Member

hi guys see you there, uwe dont forget my sticker, i have made space for it

3. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

already packed with my paperwork ready to go Bob! :cool:

4. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

If I cant get a rental car lined up, one option that I just thought of would be to share with someone. Id pay a tarif similar to what www.rent-racecar.de charges.

John

5. John

here is the current PK reservation list (15 seats are reserved, but will have to talk to Patrizio should be able to work something out or squeeze in a few more chairs):

1. Ollie (Ollie_NZ)
    2. William (Savant)
    3. William (Savant)
    4. Can (Clubber)
    5. Can (Clubber)
    6. Can (Clubber)
    7. UweM3
    8. UweM3
    9. hard tailer
    10. John (jpboost)
    11. Karl (KR-M3)
    12. Karl (KR-M3)
    13. Karl (KR-M3)
    14. TobyM3.............(unconfirmed)
    15. AndreasM3....... (unconfirmed)
    16. Karl (KR-M3)
    17. Karl (KR-M3)
    18. Karl (KR-M3)
    19. John

6. John

OK, I managed to get the "reserve car" atleast for saturday. Its BMW E87 120i with 170scorching hp. For some reason each time I get a car the hp gets less and less :( Perhaps now I should wish for rain ?

BTW, offer still stands if anyone wants to share a car with me.

John

7. CLUBBER

CLUBBER Member

Its unfortunate that you won't be able to drive your s14 this weekend. You are more then welcome to passenger laps in my car to guide me around if you like.
    BTW, could you do the install and tuning of my alpha n and airbox if I brought with me ?

P.S. Sent you multible PM's...

8. bimmer

bimmer Member

Just arrived in Germany - might make it to the Ring this weekend...... ;)

9. TobyM3

TobyM3 Member

hotel is booked!
    AndreasM3, KR-M3, und myself will be start on friday midday, I think we will arrive at 3-4p.m....

Toby

10. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

Willy and I are currently in Heidleberg. We're about to head to Hockenheim for a quick look at the track and then head up to Frankfurt for the night.
    We'll see you guys on Friday, I imagine we'll arrive around lunch time.

11. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I bought my car in Heidelberg :D

12. marco

marco Member

Have fun all and drive carefully!

13. M3Bob

M3Bob Member

see you there =]

14. manuM3

manuM3 Member

I wish you have lot of fun. Weather is also good. I have no time to come arrrrggggghhh shit…
    Please post pics…
    Best regards
    Manu

15. evosport

evosport Member

Hope you guys are having fun and all ok. Just speaking to a mate, first trip to the Ring, he is driving a Aston Martin V8, advised that track has been closed due to accident.

Hope this has no involved anyone here.

16. YAN-3

YAN-3 Member

it was a great day (saturday) yes lots of cars and lots of accidents but overall a good day. not so good for some. it was great too getting together with a bunch of dedicated e30 M3 enthusiasts and discussing all things e30 M3

by the way Can, you never finished on your theory of why the door handle is so far set and you cant open it with your left hand. you got me wondering why now. spill it my friend.

17. bimmer

bimmer Member

Too bad I missed the dinner.... just arrived Sunday night and will stay until Wednesday.

18. MAXX

MAXX Member

Yan, have you had good ride back home? Have you got any sleep this night? :D

MAXX

19. hardtailer

hardtailer Member

BMW argued that through the positioning of the door handle one would use his right hand (when sitting on the left seat or vice versa) and thus turn your body and automatically have a look to traffic coming from behind before actually opening the door --> safe.

I say it is a good excuse they came up with after it was too late to do anything about the c*cked-up ergonomics but they do have a point if you do it like that...

20. TR-Spider

TR-Spider Member Forum Supporter

Greetings to everybody, hope you all had a safe trip home.
    It was nice to meet some of you members in person at the ring!

For me it was the first weekend spend there with the M3, so lots of new impressions.
    For the driving itself, I think I willl prefer to come back once during the week, or even better for a trackday with dedicated participants. For my taste it was too crowded and too many inexperienced drivers around. Didn't like the car/ motorcycle mix either.

I arrived home yesterday evening, and it was actually quite cold without heater...which exploded on Saturday on the way to the "hohe Acht"...gave me quite some moment, within a second my right leg became really hot (Luckily I wore long trousers) and the car was completely filled with fog! But I managed somehow to park the car and get out. Nevertheless the engine was still OK and run on Sunday with the heater bypassed.

I have just today removed the carpet and the heater, which was surprisingly easy (just remove the lower center console). The heater has a long crack in the plastic inlet part (Maybe it should be replaced frequently, othewise you ride a timebomb...) I also ordered a new heater valve for peace in mind...

So now comes the funny part of de-soaking the carpet....

Thomas