@anyone going to Sebring: CF Airbox + alpha N

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, Jan 14, 2008.

1. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Just a short note to anyone going to Sebring (jan 16-jan 20) or in the Florida area:

Ill have a CF airbox + Alpha N setup available if anyone is interested. It can also be installed at Thomas shop (Cars and Concepts Inc.) if you are in the florida area. I might be available to tune it depending on schedule.

Ill also have an E36 S50 euro CF airbox available (MAF version).

John

2. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

John,

If you ever plan to come to Portugal, give me a shout! This is the only way I'd ever install a CF airbox.

The accommodation is on me...

3. JOEBMW

JOEBMW Member

John,

You coming to New York anytime soon? lol

4. John

I would come to portugal or spain in the spring / summer time if it also meant I got to drive one of your tracks. Id be a "newbie" there so Id probably need some help & tips at first, but I learn fairly quickly. I dont think I could bring my car though.

its really not the best to tune an engine management on the track since its hard to visit all the areas of the maps. and for some map areas you have to go so slow to map them that youd be a danger to other track drivers. So, we'd need some nice highway and some deserted back roads. The less traffic the better.

John

5. m3_forever

m3_forever Member Forum Supporter

all right !!!

I'm the next on line, if you ever come to switzerland, let me know, i'll give you a room and food !

(unfortunatly we do not have any track over here:72:)

6. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

John,

As I said before the track is available upon previous booking for approx. £200 for the whole day open pitlane. I'm an instructor there so I'll give you the circuit's little tricks...

You can certainly bring your car. More, I can source a lorry to take the cars from Germany-Portugal for approx. 500€ each way in case you don't want to drive.

I have access to a rolling road so you can do the fine-tuning.

As I said I can offer accommodation on my Manor in the Douro (where the Port is produced) which is 40min away from Porto and 1h20 from the track. The accommodation offer is obviously extended to your family.

IF you set a date I will book the track and rolling road and if anyone wants to join is most welcome.

7. Artik

Artik Member

Take me on news ;)

8. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Hello John,

If you have a preference on your calendar please let me know ahead so we can arrange something at Jarama which is rather busy during spring and summer. You are certainly welcome to stay over in my ////M-onastery in Madrid ... and could also find an isolated highway to fine-tune de Alpha-N.

Manuel

9. John

Thanks Kiko and Manuel for the very kind offers! I really would like to do some tracks in southern europe. When I get back from Sebring ill check the schedule. Are there any tentative dates for these tracks that I could look at? I didnt think I could bring my car because it is rather far. Hauling it might be an option, but Id be somewhat apprehensive if I wasnt with the car at all times as if the car was stolen Id be out a lot of cash. Maybe renting a race car or sharing one might be a better alternative. Last time my car got transported (by the adac) they damaged my carbon bumper and splitter to the tune of 3500 euro! the thing is, this was germany and it was insured so adac paid for it there was absolutely no hassle or questions. another transporter could damage the car and then may refuse to pay for it. so I tend to think about those possibilities.

John

10. MMM

MMM Member Forum Supporter

Hello John,

I understand the apprehension transporting your car such long distance. I believe "Passion Porsche" which is a track day Porsche group is Spain uses the service of a special trucking company and they take GT3s, 964RS and even Cup cars to and from Spa or Nürburgring. Renting a race car is also possible in several tracks in Spain like Guadix (Radical SR3 or Lotus 7) but not at Jarama. Let us know your schedule and we will try to make arrangements ...

Manuel