feeler: 49 mm TBs ...

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, Sep 4, 2007.

1. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

mine went out yesterday ,send you email.
    happy thanks giving day everyone!!!

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Guys, Ted just used www.Xoom.com to make a transfer and the costs were only $5. I was skeptical at first as Ive gotten stuck with transaction fees a number of time, but it worked as advertised. If you have any questions on how the service works, shoot Ted an email.

John

3. John

1. AlpinaM3 TB 48....TBs received (paid*)
    2. Mike TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    3. KarlP TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    4. John TB 49....TBs prepped (paid)
    5. Timsteren TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    6. Siraj TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    7. Rewilfert TB 48....TBs received (paid)
    8. Demlotcrew TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    9. Boatguy TB 49....TBs received (paid)
    10. Ted B TB 48....TBs received (paid)

I sent out an email last week to everyone regarding payment.

4. John

Some of you have not contacted me regarding payment despite several reminders via email. I dont know if youre not getting the emails... but it is important that you contact me now.

John

5. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

you got mail.

6. John

Received 4 sets of TBs today.

-- Michael Turgeon
    -- Robert Wilfert
    -- Tim hobley
    -- Tim Manning

they look great!

John

7. John

sent the following TBs out today:

Mike Turgeon -- sent
    Tim Hobley -- sent
    Rewilfert -- sent
    Tim Manning -- will carry

John

8. Timsteren

Timsteren Member

Hi John,

picked up mine from the post office today. Thanks very much, they are absolute works of art! Can't wait to get them on the car. You are going to have to make a plexiglass airbox now so that we can look in and watch them in operation

Cheers, Tim.

9. John

Glad you like them Tim. I didnt make any pictures, but some of the guys sent us some pretty dirty / filthy 46 mm TBs in dire straits and what they get back is brand new looking set of 49 mm TBs with all new bearings, plates and spindles. Compared to a set of new 48 mm TBs you get better TBs at significantly reduced cost. Ive got another set for myself as well for my 2.7l S14 that Im getting ready to setup.

John

10. karlp

karlp Member

Any update on delivery of the remaining TB's please.

Karl

11. karlp

karlp Member

As above - any update on deliveries.

karl

12. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

2.7 Liter huh .....:eek: sounds like a fun project. You had to mention this now right .... when I just got done with my 2.5 L build.

Anyway looking forward to hear more about this :)

Thomas

13. John

Karl, Im in florida right now until next week. There are TBs that are finished, but I dont have an overview over all the units until I get back. John

14. John

I thought I mentioned to you already some time back that I have a spare evo engine block to build up aggressive. You are more then welcome to build an engine parallel to mine, or acquire parts as we go, -- for your Gr. A car. :)

But you are not doing bad with a 2.5l on your full weight street car Thomas. Do you want me to "roughen up" the tune for you a bit so that it coughs and spits fire to make it more "proper race car like", want 3 foot flames out the back? :)

There is a guy on this board, "Wild Tony" who is also building up a new 2.5l, I think he has everything ready to go now.

John

15. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

I remember you said something in that direction I thought you are going to build a more aggressive 2.5L but I don't recall the 2.7L part.
    We will have to talk about a parallel build ;) I may go in with you on some key parts that are needed.

Not sure I understand what you are referring to with Tony's build.

Thomas

PS I like the idea of shooting 3 foot flames out the tail pipe... but don't you have to dial in the map super rich ? Not good on a new engine :rolleyes:

16. John

update:

the next 3 sets of 49 mm TBs are finished:

-- Karl Pettit
    -- David Blair
    -- Andrew Little

3 more sets are near completion.

I will send emails when we are ready to ship.

John

17. John

Dave, Karl & Andrew your TBs are on the way. The rest of the TBs should be finished next week. We are one month behind schedule, but I think you will be happy with the results.

Rewilfert, your TBs are with the cylinder head to be matched along with TB gaskets.

I took a few pictures of one of the last sets, so this is basically how they look:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John

18. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

hope you get my email regarding payment of carbon box.

19. stevesingo

stevesingo Moderator Staff Member Forum Supporter

John, do you have any 48mm throttle plates left over from the conversions. Two of mine are damaged and I could do with replacing them?

PM or e mail stevensingleton@ic24.net if you can help.

Steve

20. John

Youd have to ask that the other guys.

Ever thought that you could have your TBs converted to the race style, with new "razor edge" TB plates and low profile spindles? Even if you did not re-port the TB housings...

John