TOURING CAR TROPHY/RAE

Discussion in 'Buyer & Seller Feedback' started by conrod, Feb 17, 2008.

1. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

Not one to bag people usually, I had a bad experience with these people at TouringCarTrophy, who advertise a lot on RaceCarsDirect. They also go under the name of RAE for some reason too. They had advertised an alloy diff for a BMW, advertising it as "92/93 DTM" spec. Now the 92 DTM spec diff was an alloy cased unit based on the 6 bolt E30 diff, and of course that was the last year BMW ever ran in the DTM. I paid 2500 Euros for this diff, and when it turned up gave it the big inspection. Firstly it was packaged pretty badly - it was disassembled and the parts were basically thrown into the box - and the travel from Switzerland to New Zealand ensured much chafing and marks on the parts as they banged in to each other. It was only after a few hours spent cleaning (yes it was dirty too) and deburrring that I discovered the real horror- it was actually a 1993/1994 E36 STW diff - which are basically a mirror image of the 1992 DTM diff and turned in the opposite direction!! I rang these people and explained (via a friend who speaks Deutsch) and all they would offer was a swap with a 1990 spec. alloy cased diff, of which I already had a few. Fortunately I found a buyer for this diff, and recovered most of my money. I wouldn't deal with them again though.

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

This does not sound good Conrad. Can we get an explanation from them in writing ?

If not, then they need to understand that the word will be passed around :cool:

3. Hermann

Hermann New Member

I guess there is no explanation needed. The person behind TOURING CAR TROPHY/RAE (and a few other hotmail/gmail accounts) is Mr. Markus Kolliker from Swizerland. His reputation fits in perfectly with the case that conrod is describing.

I know of a case were Kolliker was accused of beeing involved in the disappearing of a 1992 DTM Mecedes that he was supposed to be "selling" as an "agent".

This guy should be out of bounds for anybody on the forum.

4. conrod

5. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Wow..... it looks like Mr. Kolliker wrote a bad check.
    But why in the hell would you send out a car before the check clears ??

[​IMG]

Thomas

6. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Because sometimes banks credit the amount in your account (if you're a good client) leading you to believe it's all good and 28 days later the foreign bank informs the cheque has no provision. It happened to me, I had to return the money back to the bank and eventually I managed to get the payment in cash but only after the lawyers did their job.

7. conrod

The alarm bells should have been ringing for me when,my (German speaking)friend who called on behalf of me was told by Mr Kolliker that " we do some development work for BMW Motorsport" - yeah right!!! In hindsight, it looks like I was lucky to get anything at all out of the deal! As for the poor guy with the Merc- if it were me I would be sending some heavies around with baseball bats!............

8. Revmaster T

They don't play baseball in Swiss..... it would look odd if you run around with baseball bats :)

Thomas

9. conrod

I suppose you have a point there Thomas.Perhaps you could go and poke him in the eye with a ski-pole!!

10. Revmaster T

:D But only around winter time haha.... :)

Thomas

11. conrod

It would appear that my "old friend" Markus Kolliker has popped up again, reinvented this time as "Autoconcept 74" in St Julien, France. As always, selling a lot of exotic BMW parts, half of which he has no clue what they are. Responds as "Jo Koller" to emails, and selling yet another reverse rotation E36 diff as an E30 DTM part:

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/37479/bmw_alloy_rear_diff_e30_ans_e36.html

I wonder if that poor soul ever found his DTM Merc that went missing because of this guy?

Conrad

12. m3_forever

m3_forever Member Forum Supporter

Conrad, i could have helped you !!!!!

Also had very bad transaction with this guy, hoppefully i'm local and with some help did manage to get my money back, it was pretty hard !

NO ONE SHOULD DEAL WITH THIS GUY !

he has another website: euroracingteam.net

13. Rob

Rob Member

I dont think he did it intentionally.. I think he may just not know the real difference.