THANKs TO THE ADMIN, HERE I AM, AN story, chapter 1 :)

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by FrancescoM3, Nov 14, 2010.

1. FrancescoM3

FrancescoM3 New Member

I wish to thank the admin to let me in again.
    I don't know maybe i had forgotten my password and couldn't register back.

I'm Francesco from Rome, Italy, structural engineer, 36yo.
    Now i'm employed in the aerospace sector, but i was first in the automotive.
    I own a 320is e30, 1988, since 2004, it's my daily car.

I've done a lot of DIY works, the biggest was the replacement of the head gasket, this summer i replaced the driver seat cloth that was teared.
    Unfortunately i don't have the space (garage or something) to work on my car.

I went over a major engine failure (rings on the 3rd cylinder ripped off) mainly caused by the mileage and so a total rebuild took place.
    Now the engine is entirely stock, 2nd oversize pistons, AFM in place.

I'm here to share with you my technical solution to the A-N EMS which i implemented a couple years ago: a simple POT + ATS + REAL TIME EPROM PROGRAMMING via OSTRICH 2 Emulator and WIDE BAND LAMBDA GAUGE + SENSOR the last one to see if i was rich or lean during the eprom tuning. No CF airbox was installed.

The dyno tests have never shown a dramatic increase in the RW HP output sometimes +5cv, sometimes -2cv, which obviously, compared to the stock power, 130 to 140 RW HP, means nothing.
    I had to admit that i wasn't expecting something (e.g. +10% power increase) because it's a 2.0 litre with a remarkable 100cv/litre when stock, so i mean, what else do you expect?
    But it was a challenging objective.

I was not alone obviously, i'm mechanical, not electronic!
    So from time to time i seeked help from my EMS electronic colleagues in the automotive factories.
    The main document that helped me in the eprom tuning process was a portion of the BOSCH original eprom specifications (unfortunately in german) emailed me from and "angel" (german eprom tuner) which asked me to don't disclouse it. But, in point of fact, it didn't contain much more information of the ones i found myself, reading and interpreting the EPROM with the help of my electronic colleagues,

I'm preparing a pdf with all the considerations i've made, maps, corrections and i'll post it as soon as possible. It will take some time, but i'll get back to you.

2. LytleM3

LytleM3 Member

welcome! sounds like you have an challenging project there!

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hello Francesco and welcome.

Looking forward to read more about the Eprom codes. If you have any links please post them. What Eprom reader have you been using ?

Thomas

4. DAO

DAO Member

Welcome here Francesco !! :107:

5. Alemonei

Alemonei New Member

Wellcome FrancescoM3!! Pictures off you 320is you don´t have?? Hi change my for my EvoII!!!

Alemonei...

6. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello and :17:

7. lucam3evo2

lucam3evo2 Member

Ciao Francesco,
    benvenuto finalmente...
    mi fa piacere avere il tuo appoggio in questo fantastico forum!
    C`e` molto da leggere....buon divertimento!

8. FrancescoM3

FrancescoM3 New Member

Ciao Luca, appena avrò preparato tutto, lo posterò in pdf.

To everybody else.
    Thank you for the nice welcome.
    I'm preparing a .pdf with all the technical information (most exaustive as possible) that will contain the details of the AN system (HW and SW, dyno test) that i'm sure that won't be new to professional eprom tuners and i hope they will advice when necessary.
    Maybe it will help some amateur to built and program his own AN.

i'll be back.