RE. MUNICH LEGENDS

Discussion in 'Buyer & Seller Feedback' started by oscar, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oscar

oscar Active Member

I'll post here as it seems appropriate.
    I simply followed THEIR protocol and filled in their requested brief and asked reasonable questions.

Did that on 26 Feb.,
    no response whatsoever.
    Any of you folk have dealings with these people ?

2. OZM3

OZM3 Member

A number of members on the M5 forum do not like think much of them from what I gather.

3. smartie

smartie Member

Just down the road from me! I have spoken to a really nice helpfull old guy there called Barney a few times, (before I found this forum).
    They don't have a good reputation from what I have heard.Very overpriced.

What are you in dispute about? If you don't mind me asking.

4. AndyS

AndyS Member

I live about 10 miles from ML. I always find them a bit up their own backsides unless you have a wadge of cash to spend with them. They are overpriced and i believe they started the 100k story of M3 timing chains snapping. Smartie where abouts are you?

5. evoms

evoms Member

Had plenty to do with them and find them to be fantastic no hassles what so ever

6. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

I have been there many years ago. They wrote me an armlong list of faults (i.e. off side washer jet not working, as if I am blind....) on my car. Knowing that I was heading for a holiday trip to Germany they I let me drive off with a snapped exhaust hanger, and CO way to lean.
    They had the car on the CO tester to measure it, wouldn't be so hard to stick the allenkey down the AFM and sort it out, wouldn't it?
    I was sitting in the show room for hours while they carried out an "oil change and saftey check" for a mere £120...
    Instead of asking me (knowing that I had a 2500km trip ahead of me) if I want sorting out a few bits (which I would have been happy to pay for), they sent me off.

Maybe I pissed them off by taping up the km reading on the speedo (which was duly reported on the fault sheet handed to me ("odometer reading taped up, masking tape") to get an unbiased opinion about the true condition of my car (and not based on the km reading) Never went back.

7. Demlotcrew

Demlotcrew Well-Known Member Forum Supporter

Nothing good to say about them either!

Andrew

8. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hi James.
    No dispute as such. I simply sent them an enquiry on their site and I have not had the courtesy of a reply. Perhaps they are too busy :rolleyes:

9. UweM3

UweM3 Active Member

Just out of curiosity, what do you want from them??

10. oscar

oscar Active Member

Uwe, it was/ is a private matter but suffice to say that I am not looking to purchase anything ;)

11. marco

marco Member

Was going to put up my old M3 on a sale or return basis.

The mechanic there spent a couple of hours going through the car and I left it with them.

Got a call from them after Barney drove it home saying the timing chain was noisy and for them to sell it, it would need to be replaced.

Sounded fine to me (for a car that had done 60K miles) and their mechanic never spotted it after a couple of hours checking....

12. rmck

rmck Member

BEEN THERE LUCKILY ENOUGH DIDNT DO THAT.

it is amazing what the rumour machine can allow you to charge!!!:(

13. Demlotcrew

Demlotcrew Well-Known Member Forum Supporter

I actually think the rumour stems from S38 engines as those are known for chain issues at 100k

Maybe ML took that to be the same for the S14?

14. Kiwibloke

Kiwibloke Member

Careful here Rolland

They may send you an invoice for the information your seeking !!

15. redsportt

redsportt Member Forum Supporter

amazing what a bit of pr can do. ive read about ml in the press and magazines purporting to be the bmw mecca of the uk.the reality of their operation is rather dissapointing to say the least.....had a mate who sent a car to be sold there and he had had it sorted before he sent it over.........they wanted to replace stuff he had just put on it before it left munich legends .........a legend in their own minds lol

16. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

May be, but once they'd open up their first S14, surely they realised that they are not the same.... in that S38 has single row chain and S14 has a double...........:49:

17. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Other than the timing chain myth (and a whole army of people subscribed to that view! its only now after the 100k mark has long since passed for most that they understand) Ive not heard anything bad about them. That was their recommendation, did they twist peoples arms?

Unless anyone has a specific issue with this company, e.g. of improper dealings and/or extremely poor service, then I think this thread has not much value. We should probably let it die or remove it.

what do you guys think? As far as I can tell, thread was started from a few musings and mainly because someone didnt get an answer to an email.

Im not defending this company, I dont even know them, I just find this entire thread a bit odd.

John

18. conrod

conrod Active Member Forum Supporter

that makes two of us......

19. oscar

oscar Active Member

Which means very little Conrad. Why do you find it odd ?
    I don't. I see people expressing their views on dealings that they have had.
    What is odd about that. You never done that before ? :rolleyes:

20. oscar

oscar Active Member

Remove it then John if that is what you think is appropriate (since you asked).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.