Public thanks to John!

Discussion in 'Buyer & Seller Feedback' started by m3ltw98, Jul 28, 2007.

1. m3ltw98

m3ltw98 New Member

Hey guys,
    I never posted here but am on bimmerforums. I race in BMWCCA in C-Modified class and currently have a S54 in my E36 M3. I knew John had the E46 M3 airboxes so I contacted him. Like everybody else has said, he was always there to help an even rushed one overseas to me via expedited air. I had the airbox in time as promised and I must say, it is a work of art. Here are the pictures of it installed and ducted with 6" insulated hose. Dyno tuning to come shortly! Thanks

Jared Sedacca

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

wow that's alot of airbox for an E36 engine bay!

what electronics are you using for the motor?

3. m3ltw98

m3ltw98 New Member

I am running a Tec3R stand alone engine management system. The vanos has been removed and the cams locked as well.

4. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

I reckon you are losing airflow with that mesh, I have seen that very thing in (i think) race car engineering, where they did some tests and they lost something like 40% intake area with the mesh, and lost power too...

5. m3ltw98

m3ltw98 New Member

I may be losing some flow but I'd rather protect the box/filter from large debris if it ever came flying at the headlight duct. Tuning results are in.... picked up 24rwhp with the addition of the airbox. It put down 306rwhp before the airbox an is now at 330rwhp. I'll have graphs shortly once I pick the car up. Thanks

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

hi Jared, perhaps you can get a sound clip too of the engine at full throttle?
    if all is tuned correctly, the engine should be very responsive to throttle
    inputs and aggressive sounding.

not sure how the dyno room is/was setup, but you may experience a small
    gain out on track when the car is actually driving at speed.

John

7. m3ltw98

m3ltw98 New Member

I'll have in-car video from the race at Mt. Tremblant in Montreal in a week. Spoke with the tuner yesterday and he said the throttle is very snappy with the adjustments he made. Cant wait to hear the sound of it while ripping full throttle!

8. WMWNWMN

WMWNWMN Member

same as Vic Sias in his auto-x car (why he only auto-x's is beyond me) did he help with the electromotive install?

9. m3ltw98

m3ltw98 New Member

Rui Azevedo in NJ did the wiring and installed. Dave Shiroma at functiontuned.com did the tuning. He is a mastermind when it comes to stand alones