Newbie from Eire

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Seanie, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Hi guys.
    My name is sean and i am from Ireland.
    I just purchased my M3 a few weeks ago so am new to the scene. I hope to pick up some good information from all you more knowledgeable fellas here.

Talk to you all later.

2. texas2201

texas2201 Member

welcome on board Sean - what is the sepc of your car and we all like to see photos

Martin

3. rmck

rmck Member

hey sean welcome on board:p

4. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Hey lads thanks for the welcome.I have a few pics of the car before i bought it, must actually take a few of it when its nice and shiny(which doesnt happen too often)

Attached Files:

5. oscar

oscar Active Member

Welcome aboard Sean and like Martin said, give us a run down on your car specs :p

6. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello Sean ...... :17:

7. rmck

rmck Member

hey sean were are you based?

8. Seanie

Seanie New Member

@ rmck i am based in west waterford. Where abouts are you from?

9. rmck

rmck Member

i'm in meath:p

10. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Do you know a fella called Barry up that direction.He had a lachs silver 87 M3 for sale a few months back,seemed like a nice car

11. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Sean and welcome :)

Thomas

12. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Texas2201,oscar,sporty1 and revmaster T thanks for the welcome.

must take some photos of my car at the weekend if i get a chance.
    Just a quick rundown on my car.Its a 1990 euro spec ,195 horses , Macao Blue,with grey leather interior and some BBS 17" wheels. No big mods done to it.

First thing i must do is register it which is going to cost in the region of €3000 :eek: And after that i want to get a few rust issues sorted before they get too bad.so that is going to use up a lot of spare cash for a while,not that theres much of it around as i am also building a house at the moment too.

13. rmck

rmck Member

@searnie.
    yes i do its now sold,he bought an e46 m3.paid eur3000 for vrt last year in tallaght.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: money down the fecken toilet.

14. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Ya its daylight robbery really :mad:
    I actually rang barry about his car the day after he had sold it

15. paddym3

paddym3 Member

welcome along seanie i just vrtd mine two months ago for 2100:cool: i did a bit of stripping and got it filty dirty. welcome along nice to see another one in ireland.:bmw:

16. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Thanks Paddy.

2100 ha , Jaysus lad tell me more,what exactly did ya do to manage that?

17. paddym3

paddym3 Member

took out the sport evo interior put in one cobra bucket seat took out all seat belts interior most of the dash put in a harness just for the day got the worst shit looking wheels i could and put them on then drove around the entrance to a qurry in the dust and wet it to make it dirty as possible( i waxed it and polished it alot first so the dirt would just run off under hose). that it really just madeit look like a track dog!!:37:

18. oscar

oscar Active Member

Three thousand Euro ?? !!!!!!!!!
    Whoa......how come ?? :eek:

19. Seanie

Seanie New Member

Robbing irish government thats why. They charge you a certain percentage of the market value for whatever car you are registering as a registration tax. The rate of tax depends on the engine capacity of the car, i think if the capacity of the engine is over 2ltr they charge 30% of the value of the car to register it.

20. oscar

oscar Active Member

That is absolutely outrageous !!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So if you owned say a Turbo Porsche you could be up for 20k pounds or more...just to register each year ?