Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by alpinam3, Jan 25, 2007.

1. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

hello everyone.
    im the proud owner of a 1988 henna that is going under the knife this year ,I will be doing some metal work myself , two very small rust spots so far quarter size and luckily nothing else.
    I look into soda blasting and seems to me the way to go to bring the car to bare metal, way better than sand blasting since soda wont warp the body.
    please chime in.

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hi and welcome ! =)

What does ' going under the knife ' constitute ? ?(

3. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

restoration

4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Well, having just gone through a restoration for nearly one and a half years I think that is great that you are taking that on =)

What do you have in mind .......no, let me be more specific......what standard are you restoring to ? US spec ? Euro spec ? Absolute factory spec or modified ?

:m:

5. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello alpinam3.
    Do you want to expand on this a little.

Post some pics up..........

6. alpinam3

alpinam3 New Member

it will be a 2.5 ,carbon box and alpha N.
    rigth now all I have is a complete brand new interior ,srd's finish in alpina clothing,look really nice and all the rest of interior pieces alpina of course.
    my car currentlly has bbs rgrs ,tarox bbk, h@r coilovers,suspension technics sway bars, nice clean stock interior and crappy paint with acouple of dents,motor stock only a dinan chip has ben installed.almost forgot,mono wiper and euro ligths done rigth (all lights go on )
    Im sure I forgot acouple of things. need to sell the wheels so I can get the alpina softline forged wheels.
    the restoration has to be top notch otherwise why bother?
    I want the body to be perfect( no rust ) and the paint to be top notch henna of course I'll worry about the engine later.
    I have to build a car garage first( i work in the field) and thats gonna hapend after summer since Im very bussy at work at this time but Im allready buying bits and pieces like the complete interior for example.
    dont have a camera at this moment ill post pics as soonest i get my hands on one.

7. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi and welcome :)
    You could always get a camera from a friend and take some pictures ;)
    Sounds like you have a good plan for your M3.
    Where are you located ? Are you building your own engine ?
    Keep us posted.......

Thomas