New Member M3 E30 Cecotto

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by G-Man, Feb 13, 2007.

1. G-Man

G-Man New Member

Hi!

I heard about this forum, and decided to register :)

I'm a proud owner of a BMW M3 E30 Cecotto for over a year now... So far it's been amazing!
    I bought it in England and then took it to my home country, Portugal. The car has 230 000km's :rolleyes: right now and it's still in tip-top condition :)

I'll leave some pictures here,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car has a miltek exhaust, koni anti-roll bars and bilstein shocks...

Now, the reason why I registered here is because I need some advice.. I'm thinking about buying a new set of springs. After talking with some people, I was suggested that the Eibach springs together with Bilstein shocks are the best combination possible for this specific car. The problem is, no matter where I go, I can't seem to find any information on Eibach having springs for this car.

Does anyone know if they exist for this model? And if not, possible suggestions of other brands?

Thank you for your help,

G-Man

2. M-technik-3

M-technik-3 Member

Welcome to the site, that is a sharp car you have there. It's too bad we in the states only got one variant of the M. I guess we can't be too picky.

Does the displacement factor still come into play being it's over 2 liters.

3. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Ola!

Nice looking car you have there... Actually I saw it in person a few weeks ago when I was after an "special" M3 but I ended up buying an Evo 2 in England.

I don't know if you're aware but you're car is lowered already.

About the Eibach's... my car's got a set of them fitted but they're too low to my liking so I bought a set of H&R's. If you want to see how the car looks with Eibach's contact me.

4. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi G-man and welcome. I agree with M- tech and I wish someday to have one of these .
    Go with a set of H&R springs and Bilstein shocks or a set of Koni's.

Thomas

5. oscar

oscar Active Member

I have Eibach's on our Cabrio and they are great.....lowered it just enough to take out the big gap between tyre top and under fender. It handles superb and I have no complaints whatsoever. We are in NZ and sourced the springs from Australia. If you want a pic of how the car looks then email me and I'll forward one.

6. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Rolland the springs for the cabrio are different then the ones from a coupe.

Thomas

7. MYTQUIK

MYTQUIK New Member

Welcome. Very looking car you have.

8. texas2201

texas2201 Member

I have a mix of Eibach and Avo springs on mine and they work great - lowered slightly

Martin

9. jani.autio

jani.autio Member

Welcome.

H&R with Bilsteins is very goog choise (IMO).

H&R is accurate and firm vs. Eibach is little bit a "easy-going?"

10. ///M3SportEvo

///M3SportEvo Member

Hi,

Another portuguese to join us :) I'm from Portugal too, unfortunately not yet an M3 owner. Very nice car you have there.

Grande motor...com 230.000kms e em forma LOL

Cumps,
    Bruno

11. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello g-man, nice cecco.

12. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Did he ever return here to check on the thread at all?