New member from Minneapolis!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by thull, May 15, 2007.

1. thull

thull Member

Hey all,

I'm a long time member of the community, had my 1989 M3 since '98 and have gone through a LOT of stages.

Started out at DTM Power until it went downhill and I joined s14.net - been there ever since. My mods have followed that trend - bling vs. speed - and lately have been concentrating only on speed. My next planned mods are Alpha-N/CF Airbox and the euro tranny/diff, which would pretty much complete the car performance wise.

Eventually I want to rebuild it into a race car starting with a bare, caged chassis but that won't be for a long time :D

Just found out about this forum, looking forward to the info!

Here's my car, click for the web page I made for it with mods, etc:
    [​IMG]

2. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi there and welcome :) very nice car. Do you ever track it ?

Thomas

3. thull

thull Member

Thanks for the welcome and compliment!

I have done a number of track events and a couple autocrosses - I got into it pretty seriously but it is such an expensive endeavor that I haven't made it out as much as I wanted to lately, not at all last year even :(

But this year is promising, I am hoping to get to Road America at least once this year, and BIR for a couple of DEs. It is so much fun on a twisty road or freeway exit, but to really enjoy the car safely nothing beats some track time

4. empty

empty Member

Hey Brian, welcome...remember your car from over on s14.net, very nice, I hope I can get my track rat to look as nice as yours.

Mike

5. MYTQUIK

MYTQUIK New Member

Welcome my Alpine Brother......

6. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Brian, nice to see you here. I remember you and your car, looking good
    as ever. There is lots of info here, have a look around and if you dont
    find what you need or your question is not answered to your
    satisfaction, dont hesitate to ask there are plenty of tuners and racers
    on board.

John

7. thull

thull Member

Thanks John, this is a great site you have here.

I like being able to go into one of these boards and not have to deal with the BS of the internet.

Seems like e30 M3 enthusiasm in itself weeds out a lot of riff raff lol

8. John

Yes, I think we are a "riff raff" free zone, unless you consider
    track junkies riff raff :)

John

9. oscar

oscar Active Member

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

10. thull

thull Member

It would be pretty rare for someone to recognize one's own social group as riff raff - that is why I project the term upon normal motorists

11. Wiretowner

Wiretowner New Member

Hey Thull, fellow Twin City Minnesotan - however UK born and bred - welcomes you :)

My car is a basket case from Texas that I'm painfully slowly bringing back to former glory.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. thull

thull Member

cool to see more in MN!

That 2.5 project looks like fun - what part of town are you in?

13. Wiretowner

Wiretowner New Member

Woodbury. Do you ever go down to uni? My son owns a gti 337 and thinks he may have seen you down there. If so, im definatly going to need to check out your car some time.

14. thull

thull Member

Yeah I do make it down there a lot, usually on Friday nights.

If its nice out tomorrow I'll try and make it around 9-10. Usually Porky's or the Checker lot.

If you want to meet up let me know, I can plan on something

15. Wiretowner

Wiretowner New Member

Unfortunately I'm supposed to be going to Canterbury as my folks are here from England and my Dad is into different horsepower.

I'll take a rain check for now, and hope to catch up with you in the not to distant future.

My sons car got rear ended last week so he will not be down there for a few weeks.

16. Muke

Muke Member

Wow!

My second dream, white M3. The Great White. Maybe someday...

17. thull

thull Member

Friday was crazy, a lOT of euro guys were out there, and the Checker and Spin Cycle parking lots were full, I was actually blocked in for most of the night lol

Some other time for sure, Friday nights seems to be the time to make it out there

18. John

do you have pictures of one of these meets?
    how do they work? do they have japanese cars there too, any
    rivalry? :)

They have meets like this sometimes in Germany too (often with
    illegal racing). It tends to attract the law enforcement :)

John

19. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

They just talked about that in the news here last night. Law enforcement is coming down hard on street racers. They where saying that 10 people got arrested for racing and there cars got impounded.
    They changed the law. This allows the police to impound your car if they suspect street racing.

Thomas

20. oscar

oscar Active Member

And here Thomas...big stink about it going on. Warehouses with 100's of impounded cars. A kid got killed (run down) starting a drag race here the other day. It's in the news a lot at present. All sorts of threats about what is going to happen....e.g. forced insurance (we don't have that here yet).

Gives us old petrol heads a bad rep.;)