hey

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by m3driver, Dec 12, 2006.

1. m3driver

m3driver New Member

Hi
    I own an Zinno Red '88 m3 and Im from Vancouver.
    I was going to sell it but decided that would be totally stupid, so now Im back into it. Owning a car like this is a once in a lifetime thing, so Id like to make the most of it.
    Hopefully I can do more work to it to make it amazing, so Im just on here to get some info and talk to fellow enthusiasts.

[​IMG]

2. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi and Welcome :)
    Great to hear you changed your mind. What are your plans for the future ?

Thomas

3. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hey M3Driver, welcome !

Looks pretty amazing as it sits 8o

4. m3driver

m3driver New Member

well,plans are to install an alpha-n airbox. Still trying to find out where to get and what system is best.
    I would appreciate any suggestions re:Alpha-N

I also want to convert to 2.5L, add some cams, and a big valve head and stuff...basically I want to get somewhere between 250-290 horsepower.

I really like the way the car sits right now. I've got it lowered and some Hamann wheels on it. I love it! Have to add some carbon spoilers/splitters tho.

5. oscar

oscar Active Member

That's great :m:

Go slow........have a good look at the info in the threads on this board, see what others have done/ are doing. If you are looking at a range of 250-290hp, that's something that you need to research. I'll give you a heads up.......250, yep...ok, without too much drama/ expense......290, get your cheque book out.

Take care ;)

6. m3driver

m3driver New Member

yeah this is an expensive hobby. Still not completely sure what Im going to do as far as motor/performance.
    I just came back from my friend's shop today. He's got a e30 in there which is getting an e36 m3 motor and supercharger dropped in it...got me thinking about motor swaps now.
    Thanks for the advise Oscar, you're right I should go slow.

7. oscar

oscar Active Member

Well everyone has their own viewpoint but that car of yours looks way too lovely to be contemplating an engine swap. Take it easy. In my humble opinion, your car has its maximum value in keeping the beloved S14 engine right where it belongs......under your bonnet ;) :m:

8. m3driver

m3driver New Member

True about keeping it original would be best for holding its value, but I wouldnt mind having a euro spec m3 motor in it.

9. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hmmm......a few extra horseys, probably wouldn't even notice it ;)

And those of us with the Euro spec motor would like a bit more of this and a bit more of that......maybe even some group-a cams, head, blah blah blah.

Don't panic... a nice cam set, airbox and upgrade on the engine management system and you'll be laughing all the way to 8000rpm :D

It's always going to come down to what you want to spend.

10. Maxfield

Maxfield Member

believe me 8k with c/f airbox sounds awesome better than a 6pot

nice car dude

11. m3driver

m3driver New Member

okay Im convinced, I'll get the alpha-n airbox.

12. Revmaster T

The AN will also give you flexibility for future upgrades/ modifications.
    Whenever you change something like cams, exhaust etc. you can retune your car. You wont be locked in like with a chip.

Thomas

13. m3driver

m3driver New Member

just wondering if the a/n and airbox sells cheaper in Germany?
    I have some family that live in Germany, and so I was wondering if they can get this stuff cheaper.
    Does anyone know?

14. Revmaster T

Not sure if you can buy this air box cheaper, keep in mind these are GB prices. So I doubt you could buy it for less, by buying a single unit even in Germany.
    As John stated in his GB thread the prices are in Euro and then coverted to US $$$.
    What's killing us at the moment is the exchange rate. Unless the Euro drops it wont be cheap to buy anything from Germany :(
    Also be aware of some of the replica air boxes out there they are not as well made.

Thomas

15. oscar

oscar Active Member

Well it costs what it costs and John does do his best to get the cost down through these group buys. I have one and I've seen quite a few airboxes. What I can say is that these are absolutely top shelf quality.

Hope that helps =)