Hello from The Hague, Netherlands. 1986 E30 M3, Warsteiner livery

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Kazmaier, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Kazmaier

Kazmaier New Member

Hello everybody, I'm Michel from the Netherlands. I live in The Hague and recently got a 1986 E30 M3, after driving a (highly tuned) Ford Focus 2.5 ST for 4 years. I do trackdays regularly (mostly on Spa Franchorchamps, occasionally on Zolder and Zandvoort), do most of the work on my cars myself as part of the hobby and wanted something rear wheel drive and more track oriented. Through someone I know from trackdays I got offered the M3, and decided to buy it.

It's from November 1986, has a little over 140,000km's on the clock, and a revised diff, gearbox and engine. The car is partly stripped to accommodate an OMP roll cage, racing seats and an on-board fuel tank. But it still has registration plates, currently UK but I'm getting Dutch ones at the moment. Some work on lights and some other small issues to solve. I've spotted some (unexpected, car was supposed to be almost perfect) rust in one of the wheel arches, rear fenders, tail lights and at the sunroof, which I'll have to look into. There is lots of stuff I want to work on the details and/or improve, but hey I wanted an new hobby car and now I certainly have one! :cool:

Getting new liquids at the moment for all of the running parts (engine, gearbox, diff and brakes), as well as an oil pan baffle. Found an S14 expert in the Netherlands who is going to have a look at the engine, adjust valves and fine tune it where necessary. I'll take the coming months to take the car apart section by section and do some inspection/maintenance before taking it to the track, hopefully this spring.

I'm new to BMW's so I guess I will need some help from you all every now and then. :)

Finally some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. theplumber

theplumber Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013