Hello from Greece!

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by alexandros, Oct 15, 2008.

1. alexandros

alexandros New Member

My name is Alexandros and I'm 28 years old.
    For one week know I'm a owner of a E30 320is (Italian M3 with s14 engine 192cv).
    Based on chassis numbers it was made the 8-1988, and has 91000klm.
    My other cars are:

Peugeot 106rallye 1.6
    Renault 4 gtl
    Austin Rover Mini moke

The car cost me 3700euro but it came with no Ecu!
    So here is the first question: Will the Ecu of the 2.3 M3 engine work on my engine?

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

HI Alexandros, congratulations on your new purchase, I bet you are very happy. Yes the M3 ECU will work but you need a chip for a 320is.

John

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi and welcome Alexandros. Congrats to your new purchase, lets see some pictures.

Thomas

4. oscar

oscar Active Member

Welcome pal.
    Looking forward to your being around ;)

5. OLLIE_NZ

OLLIE_NZ Member

Hi Alexandros and welcome from New Zealand :)
    What part of Greece are you from?

6. Giogio

Giogio Member

Hi Alexandros.I am also from Greece,from Athens.320is???Also mine was but now it is transformed.If you find ecy from m3 e30,i can give you a chip for 320is.Enjoy the forum,it has many many things to learn

7. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

And the first thing to learn is that the 320is is as much an Italian as a Portuguese 320is. They were produced specifically for both countries for the simple reason they use the same taxation method based on engine size and anything above 2000cc would increase the $/cc ratio dramatically.
    As an example the 320is price new was aproximately 35/40k euros depending on spec and the M3 was 55k euros.

Now WELCOME!

8. Action Man

Action Man New Member

+1;)............

9. alexandros

alexandros New Member

Didn't want to offend any Portuguese!! We have the same taxation method based on engine size also here in Greece but this car was newer imported from the BMW-Hellas,
    so as I learned from a local site this is a very rare car here in Greece, maybe less than 10 cars!!
    Nice to see other people from Greece with the same car: Giogio I sent you a pm

Soon I will post and same fotos

10. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

God no!!! Just trying to be funny that's all!

11. KoenBert

KoenBert New Member

Welcome!

From another S14 320is owner ;-)

12. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Hello and welcome Alexandros.