Greetings from Barbados & Washington DC area.

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by Flying Bajan, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan Member

It's a great pleasure to stumble upon this website of enthusiasts for the E30 M3 and the S14 engine.

After a lifetime being involved with other types of cars in rallying, it's my mission to build a full house tarmac spec E30 M3 or E36 hatchback with S14 power within the next few years. Hopefully the progress of which will be documented here....

2. oscar

oscar Active Member

Hi there, I feel so rude that you have not received a response.

Please forgive the tardy reply...

Welcome !! :D :m:

3. Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan Member

Cheers for that !

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

Welcome! I'm looking forward to some pictures! :D

Jake

5. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Bajan and welcome :) it's good that you found us.

Thomas

6. Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan Member

Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen !

I've been a fan of the E30 M3 and the S14 engine for as long as I can remember, and after messing around with more types of competition cars than I care to remember, I've decided that my last will be a full house tarmac version of one of the aforementioned shells. I'm on a very loose timeline with the project though - gotta get all the necessary finances sorted 1st - of which I believe there will be a copious amount required.... :)

Basically I'm looking to build a 2.5 Litre drysumped, bigvalve, motec managed, big cams tarmac engine, attach it to a 6-speed sequential and run it in an unbreakable chassis that weighs no more than 2500lbs ready to run to suit the Open Modified regulations of our club - The Barbados Rally Club - www.rallyclub.com

If you're interested in seeing the last couple cars I've been involved in building / running / driving, have a look at www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk and go to the videos section from 2002 onward. Mine is the yellow one :)

Regards,
    Martin Atwell.

7. Old_skool_bmw

Old_skool_bmw Member

Hi & welcome!!!
    Look forward to seeing the progress on your latest project over the coming months :D

Laurence.

8. logic

logic Member

i forgot to say i am from barbados as well , and flyingbajan and i will be building our cars together (i hope)

9. Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan Member

Hey LOGIC ! You mean to say that YOU'LL be building our cars together... I hope :)

LOL...

Just kidding, but it would be good to build them side by side - save on shipping, ease of sourcing bits, etc.etc....

10. logic

logic Member

i got no prob building them both! atleast we would know everything on them and no guess work like if u bought a ready prepped car

11. ///M_US_E30

///M_US_E30 Member

Nice! I got married in Barbados. Dinner at The Cliff restaurant is a must if you ever visit. Bring your surfboard also, BathSheba (sp?) was a hoot. Nice drives out there on that side of the island also.

T

12. Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan Member

Yep, The Cliff is truly world class indeed, and Soup Bowl at Bathsheba is known to have great days, especially if you get a very light or (very unusual) offshore wind.

The barbados rally carnival is also a ton of sport ! Check it out www.barbadosrallycarnival.com (no affiliation - other than as a competitor, etc)

I would LOVE someone to bring a PROPER e30 M3 tarmac rally car out for the event. Hell, if it's a nice enough one, I might even buy it after the event and save the trouble of building mine :)

13. logic

logic Member

oye u putting me out of a job!