Evo II ....£24995

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by Sporty1, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

2. AndyS

AndyS Member

Is that not Jon's old Evo 11 from the bavarian board forum??

3. Playo

Playo Member

Correct!

And if you'd seen that car you know there's no way in hell it needed a bare metal respray!!

What a p*** take.

4. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

I did think that but didn't want to be presumptous.

5. Dave 215DMX

Dave 215DMX Active Member

That cars paint was so perfect could it be a scam to say it has beed resprayed...???

6. oscar

oscar Active Member

Do you guys have an aversion to respray ? Not trying to be funny...it's just that everynow and again I pick up on posts where I get the impression that people are a little weary of such. I guess that over there you have more than your fair share of rust issues so a respray to me wouldn't necessarily indicate anything more than someone had made an effort to sort things out. Or did I miss a point here ? :confused:

7. Playo

Playo Member

Oscar-
    If you had seen this car you would be questioning anybody who decided to re-spray it!

I'll try and get some pics of it....

8. caneswell

caneswell Member

This one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not desparately in need of a re-spray!

9. oscar

oscar Active Member

Ok, yes, it does look lovely. Always difficult to see every little thing from photos though...but I get the picture :D

So...more to the point, what do you chaps reckon about the price ? Fair ??

10. jpboost

jpboost Member

not just in the photos. this is a well known car. previous owner was a regular at shows. This car is/was recognised as one of the cleanest/straigtest cars out there.

He sold it earlier in the year. (for around £18k odd IIRC)

25k seems optimistic to me, not saying it won't get it, it's just very high.

11. oscar

oscar Active Member

Let's see...that's about 20k our money of an increase....doable I guess. People should, imho, expect to pay top dollar for mint cars. Anyone who has one that is not mint and has turned it around into a mint car would know what I'm on about here (better to just front with the 'high' price at the start...like this car).

12. Playo

Playo Member

Cheers Caneswell!

Even the pics dont do it justice.

To say it's had £7k added value since sold (only a few months ago) is a bit rich.

Imo If he was to sell for say £20k and not tell porkies about this so called re-spray I think it'd be fair.

13. oscar

oscar Active Member

Well...I certainly did not say that it had 20k added " VALUE".

We were talking about add on cost....that is a different thing.

It is still a great looking E30M3 in my opinion and is worth the asking price (caveat...as long as it has no rust).

14. Playo

Playo Member

Of course Oscar!

Forgive my wording, I'm on the tail end of a 12hr night shift ; )

I ment if HE thinks that, not you.

15. oscar

oscar Active Member

I forgive you dearest :99:

Nah...chill...it's just a car.
    But it does look like a goody guys ...

Oh, and by the way...

I have hard days/ bad days...like we all do ...so just say what ya want because none of us is too flash for the next guy/ gal...

:)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  16. ixm3

ixm3 Member

Sporty, thanks for posting this link. I find it interesting to see the acceleration in and level at which individuals are testing price appreciation of "show" quality examples of the E30 M3. Clearly more than one of believes this is justifiable.
    In the US, a bottom seems to have formed for clean/well maintained examples with mileage while low mileage garage queens are popping up at higher prices than in the recent past (probably fueled by speculation) and with less frequency. This seems in contrast to the E36 market in which people seem to be having trouble even giving cars away.

While anytime is a nice time to own an E30 M3, this just adds to the experience.

17. oscar

oscar Active Member

Are you in the USA ?

How can you even start to talk about these cars ?

18. ixm3

ixm3 Member

Whoa!
    Easy there Roland. Maneesh here.
    As you know, yes I am in the US.

19. oscar

oscar Active Member

Sorry bro :eek:

Bad hair day :rolleyes:

20. ixm3

ixm3 Member

No worries.