Daniel from Sweden

Discussion in 'Welcome & Introductions' started by DPRS, Jul 24, 2010.

1. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

Thought i share my car with you guys!

The car has been modified by previous owner and myself. I try to keep the car road going even if the mods are getting a little out of hand maybe...

Specs,

Engine/exhaust/gearbox:

Bored engineblock with oversized pistons, 2,4L
    Carbon airbox
    Ported head
    Matchported intake
    50/50 rally header
    2,5" exhaust system with two race cats.
    Samco coolant hoses
    Sharp cams
    Approx. 240 bhp

Engine management: Megasquirt

Engine mounts equivalent to factory gr n.
    Gearbox mounts equivalent to factory gr n.
    DTM gearstick and DTM "gearfork"

Suspension:

Delrin bushes everywhere.
    GAZ coilover both front and rear.
    22/19 swaybars
    Rosejointed topmounts F/R
    etc.

Brakes:

Standard with carbotech XP8 front and crossdrilled/slotted rotors.

Wheels:

BBS RC 8.5x17 and BBS RK 8x17

Interior:

Wiechers rollcage.
    Race seats.
    6 point harnesses.

Plus much more.

You could say that this car and it's modifications are a product of years of studying and reading S14 forums. So, thank you :D

Enjoy!

Regards,
    Daniel

Some pics,

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  2. JulienM3

JulienM3 Member Forum Supporter

Hi DPRS Welcome on board, nice painting

3. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Hi Daniel, Welcome!

BTW, what's the tyre size and what's the feedback on those tyres you got?

4. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

Thank's for your replies!

On the pictures the car is fitted with Hankook z211 235/40 allround. They say these tires are great for trackdays etc. but I disagree. With a tread wear of 200 it is a normal road tire and I think it handles like one to. Toyo R888 and the tires I am running now,Kumho v70a, has a TD of 50. So to conclude, it's a sporty tire, equivalence to Toyo T1R, R1R.

Thank's
    Daniel

5. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

6. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

Nice videos!

Those tires are what we in Sweden call "Hollywood tires" :p

Really like your car John it's amazing. Can't even imagine all the work you put into it!

Thank's

Daniel

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  7. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Hi Daniel and welcome. I like the checkered flag on the side of your car looks great. Is that painted on ?

Thomas

8. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

Thank's for the kind words!

Yes, it's painted.

It was like this when I bought the car so I have nothing to do with it, unfortunately...

At first I thought about getting rid of it, but over time I've begun to like it! It makes the car stand out from the rest.

Thnak's
    Daniel

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  9. korky

korky New Member

Hej Daniel
    Good to see another Sweden based M3 on here. I have fairly recently moved to Trollhättan where I work as a design engineer for Saab. Have done a few track days, but not managed to find the 'right bunch' yet. So if you have any tips in that direction, let me know please... Although looks like being next year now, as I have a health issue thats going to need a bit of hospital time soon.. By the way, super tidy car, I like that look!

10. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

Thank's for the kind words!

Nice that a saab designer drives a M3 e30!

Think I speak for the whole nation when I say, please make an reliable,succesful and good looking saab. Why not rear wheel driven? :D

Anyway, there is a track oriented club called BMWSC (BMW Sport Club). We meet about 4-5 times a year at various tracks around Sweden. Really nice fellows. You do need a racing license.

You could contact any of these guys if you are interested in a membership.

http://www.bmwsc.com/website1/1.0.1.0/89/1/index.php

www.bmwsc.com

You could also contact you nearest "motorklubb". Don't know the correct translation. They usually have occasional trackmeets.

Look here: http://www.sbf.se/sportgrenar/racing/klubbar/

Hope this helps!

Kind regards
    Daniel

11. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

While we are on the subject, why not an all wheel drive Saab ?? :cool:

12. DPRS

DPRS Member

Hi!

When I come to think of it, all-wheel drive saabs do exist. SAAB 9-2 (subaru :D) and the saab 9-3 aero turbo x or black turbo. 280 hp,lsd and a haldex 4 wheel drive system. The only problem with this car, I think, was the price tag... Don't know if they have this awd system in any of their newest cars.

They should make a car with wide arches, a small engine up front for better weight balance and start racing....Or wait, that reminds me of another, already existing car hmmm :rolleyes:

Regards,
    Daniel

13. korky

korky New Member

4WD Saab is done, both current 9-3 and new 9-5. Lots of other intereting stuff in the pipeline. FWD is Saabs heritage, and they actually do it pretty well when allowed to get on with it. Lets hope our new ownera an do that bit!
    Thanks for the tip on BMWSC, i think a guy in our chassis department is a member, so will have a chat with him.
    Hope to meet up at a track day some time soon.

14. AE41500

AE41500 Member Forum Supporter

Lets hope SAAB survives! SAAB is the BMW of Sweden, they does not follow the pack, they try to be in the front (...before Volvo at least). GM has not pushed enough what SAAB.s stands for, or not realised it. Lets hope Spyker get it and can make SAAB successful.
    The best of luck with your health, hopefully your M3 E30 will help you...the M3 E30 is a really stimulating friend as you know. Get in touch with BMWSC for even better friendship with your M3.

15. korky

korky New Member

THanks guys. Just home from hospital, so hope to get life back on track! Have a basement full of bits, including airbox and alpha n to get sorted, so thats going to be a part of my therapy :)
    Will keep an eye open for when BMWSC does their licence day next season, then getting back to using the M3 as was intended!