complete 2x50mm exhaust system for M3 E30

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by LuckyM3, May 30, 2007.

1. junkyard_sal

junkyard_sal New Member

Oliver,

Are there any more of these exhaust systems left? I am interested in them.

Cheers,

Carl

2. jono

jono Member

3. LuckyM3

LuckyM3 Member

Hello,

you should contact Martin from MAXX Automotive. He is selling these systems now as I don't sell them anymore.
    His mailadress is: mschoefl@maxx-automotive.de

Best regards,
    Oliver

4. jono

jono Member

Thanks Oliver

5. manuM3

manuM3 Member

6. babarabus

babarabus Member

i bought one off german ebay recently for £350 new, it is identical as the one at the start of this post i compared the pictures as i thought it was cheap, then it arrived and it was the same

7. JOEBMW

JOEBMW Member

I have this same system. Material is good but the point where the center pipes meet could be better. The spring tension setup doesn't work great.

8. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

I have the same exhaust and I don't have any problems with the spring tension.
    What is it that doesn't work for you ?

Thomas

9. babarabus

babarabus Member

the only thing i found with the springs is that they are a pain in the bum to get on on your back as the tension in them is high, so had to He-man them

10. Revmaster T

He-man :D
    A 90 degree hook tool works great without much effort. Hazet has a nice tool.

Thomas

11. babarabus

babarabus Member

yeh i used a hook to pull them on, i just remember it was a struggle, maybe im just weak!!!!

12. Revmaster T

13. JOEBMW

JOEBMW Member

I had a problem with keeping the springs in tension. They would get lose and rattle around. After a few fixes i ended up taking them off and going with clamps.

[​IMG]

The clamps are made for this exact application where one pipe goes into the other. Preformed Stainless Steel Exhaust Band Clamps, they work great.

14. Revmaster T

You supposed to take some hose 1' to 1.5' inch long ( heat resistant of course ) and put it over the spring to prevent them from rattling. Also keeps the heat away from the springs so they don't loose there tension.

Thomas