Cecotto For Sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by AndyS, Oct 11, 2007.

1. AndyS

AndyS Member

I have decided to put my Cecotto up for sale. It is 1989, 129k kms, Macau blue with immaculate half leather interior. When the car was new it was fitted with Evo sport bits these being
    Front bumper, brake ducts, splitter and under tray. I have replaced the splitter with a carbon fibre one from Markus,
    Front wings and liners,
    Bonnet to wing seal,
    Evo sport rear adjustable spoiler.

The suspension has been converted to KW coilovers on the front and the rear's are separate spring and shock arrangement. Negative camber front top mounts, alloy steering coupling have also been fitted. There are front and rear Eibach anti roll bars.

The brakes have braided hoses fitted and i am running Super blue racing brake fluid. The disc's and pads are all standard.

The rear subframe has polyurethane bushes fitted.

This year the plugs, distributor cap and rotor arm, inlet blocks, exhaust manifold gaskets, in tank fuel pump, external fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, lambda sensor, fuel filter, throttle body o-rings have all been replaced and the injectors were cleaned as well. The sump gaskets have also been replaced this year along with the propshaft front coupling.
    E36 timing chain is fitted.

The exhaust is a supersprint centre section with an evo 2 back box fitted a couple of months ago.

The body work is in good condition with no rust around the number plate lights, front windscreen or sunroof panel.

I have done a lot of the routine servicing myself since owning the car but it does have a lot of stamps in the service book and comes with the original German logbook.

I am looking for offers in the region of £10k.

PM for more details if interested and i will take some photo's over the weekend.

2. AndyS

AndyS Member

The Cecotto is still for sale. I am open to sensible offers.

3. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Bump!

Sounds like a great car, good luck with the sale. It may help your sale if you were to post up some pictures.

Thomas

4. AndyS

AndyS Member

Thanks Thomas i hope to take some this weekend. Martin (TrackM3) knows my car and he could vouch for it's condition etc.

5. TrackM3

TrackM3 Member

very nice, you will be sad to see it go ?

6. AndyS

AndyS Member

Yes Martin i will be sad but i just don't use it. It's only done 4k kms this year and it doesn't make sense to keep it in the garage doing nothing. It'll make someone a nice christmas present for someone.

7. Revmaster T

Revmaster T Member Staff Member Forum Supporter

Whatever happend to this car ? Andy do you still own it ?

Thomas

8. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Andy,

If I was you'd remvove items like CF splitter, rear Evo Sport wing, KW's and Eibach's,etc. fit the OEM parts back in, sell them separately and put an ad on Mobile.de I received literally dozens of keen contacts when I sold my Evo II.

You'd make more money out of the car and you'd attract a larger spectrum of clients that interested in a good original Cecotto rather than the modified M3 e30...

9. amorgan

amorgan Member

Kiko, Did you find the prices were stronger by selling on the continent?
    Regards
    Adrian

10. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Yes, considerably higher but only for the very best. The client that pays the extra is not willing to do so for the usual rusted UK car (even just superficially rusted undercarriage). The thing is that even when you put for sale a really clean car in the UK the buyer doesn't pay the right premium for that as all the other rust buckets are keeping the average prices down.

Can one understand what I said..?

11. Sporty1

Sporty1 Active Member

Prices are higher on the continent? Exchange rate is currently more favourable also (in favour of the Euro).

12. Kiko

Kiko Active Member

Just check mobile.de and you'll see. Just keep in mind that there's a reason for that happening... as long as the car is in top condition this will be paid off in the continent that's what I mean.

13. AndyS

AndyS Member

Thomas
    yes i still own it. All i had was time wasters after it so i have been using it on the occassional sunny day.
    Kiko
    i am unable to return it to standard condition as all of the parts were fitted to the car before i bought it. I only fitted a c/f front splitter as it was cheaper and better loooking than the genuine ones. The only original part i have is the steering wheel.

14. ShepsEvo3

ShepsEvo3 Member

This is where mine will be heading when I sell it, and it will be in top condition, so top money wanted in the summer :)