2.7 S14 crankshafts: new batch available in August/September

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, May 15, 2011.

1. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi all,

in our current batch of cranks, 2 were scrapped during the production phase and so these need to be reproduced in another batch. Instead of making just 2 cranks, we will do a few extras. They will likely be available around August or September.

If anyone is interested, let me know. We are nailing down now how many cranks to make. If you are considering a 2.5l build up, its worthwhile to consider a 2.7. These motors are much more "elastic" in terms of acceleration.

PS: if anyone wants to get a test drive in a 2.7, I will be in Hockenheim on June 12 and you are welcome to drive with me on passenger laps. Please contact me in advance if interested.

see also these threads:

last batch and updated pics:
    http://board.s14power.com/showthread.php?t=6321

project thread:
    http://board.s14power.com/showthread.php?t=4477

John

2. John

Pictures:

pistons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pistons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crank:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rods version I:

[​IMG]

FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for the long version 2.7 rods.

This image shows the stress distribution with the rod in compression. Shown on the right is the stress distribution for a cutting plane going thru center of the rod. The stress distribution is color coded. At any point on the rod with a "cooler temperature" the stress is lower, and at any point with a "hotter temperature" the stress is higher. You can see the stress in principle areas like the small end, neck, big end cap and shoulders, and rod bolt area.

[​IMG]

This image shows the stress distribution with the rod in tension.

[​IMG]

3. John

Here are some CAD views of the newly designed 2.7l street piston. It runs a lower CR and is intended for lower octane fuels (less than 98 RON / 94 AKI) and mild cams, e.g. 292/284 schricks. These will also support both higher lift and longer duration cams. For a street motor, high lift and low duration comes to mind, or an asymmetric profile, etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, some may recall my other E30 M3 street car (Ill update that thread soon):
    http://board.s14power.com/showthread.php?t=5795

This car came with a 2.5l engine already installed, but there has been a change of plans and that engine has been removed to make way for the new 2.7 street motor that will be going in soon. :) It will be setup with mild cams and std. TBs, CF airbox, Maxx Alpha N with WBO closed loop control. It will have a custom dyno tuned chip made specifically for this engine configuration and with Maxx Alpha N (idea is to have a plug'n'play setup right out of the box).

John

4. John

5. John

Hi,

we still have 2x 2.7 cranks and rods available and ready to ship. If interested contact me by email or PM.

John

6. John

Update: we have 1x 2.7 crank left. anyone want to build a new motor? :)

John