New batch of 2.7 cranks

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, Oct 9, 2010.

1. adwo

adwo Member

John,

Haven't been there last year. Hopefully I will finally finish the new motor for the Evo 6 around May and do some trips..

We are doing great, hope the same for you!

Cheers,

Adwo

2. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Excellent! We will need to do some laps together. If you turn the boost down maybe I can keep up :)

John

3. John

we are almost ready to start the production, we are just missing 1 more person on board the GB...

once we start production, the GB is closed and no additional orders can be added. The reason for that has to do with the tooling and setup of the machines. So if youre sitting on the fence, please consider that.

John

4. John

just a heads up, but we are starting the crank production now.

next we will do rods if anyone is interested send me an email.

John

5. John

Update: the cranks are expected mid to end April.

If there is interest in rods or pistons let me know.

John

6. John

FEA (Finite Element Analysis) for the long version 2.7 rods.

This image shows the stress distribution with the rod in compression. Shown on the right is the stress distribution for a cutting plane going thru center of the rod. The stress distribution is color coded. At any point on the rod with a "cooler temperature" the stress is lower, and at any point with a "hotter temperature" the stress is higher. You can see the stress in principle areas like the small end, neck, big end cap and shoulders, and rod bolt area.

[​IMG]

This image shows the stress distribution with the rod in tension.

[​IMG]

John

7. John

FYI: we have 2 extra cranks in production and these are available in april. If interested shoot me an email.

John