Group Buy 2007: CF Airbox and Maxx Alpha N

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, Aug 16, 2007.

1. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

PM answered.

PS: made a mistake listing what is still available in the GB above. There are:
    -- 2x 46 mm airboxes
    -- 1x 46 mm airbox (shipping from Florida)
    -- 1x 48 mm airbox

John

2. sirajp

sirajp Member

I can't wait to get my airbox and 49mm TBs!
    But I'm looking for help on installing them. Is there anybody in this group who lives in the Pacific NW (Seattle, Portland) who has already installed their airbox and could possibly let me take a look? Or does anybody know of a shop in the area who has installed this system?

I can bolt them on but I don't have the experience to know if all the details have been addressed! Are there any "gotchas" I should look out for? Anything I should do or should not do?

I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Siraj.

3. John

The airbox install is pretty straight forward and not much to do wrong. There are plenty of installation pictures in the gallery and in various threads here.

Have a look in Jakes 320is thread: http://board.s14power.com/showthread.php?t=2166,
    somewhere in there he has made pictures showing the hookup of the airbox vaccum hoses to the ICV and oil separator.

The oil dipstick is rotated forward towards the alternator.

If you do not have either of these, then the airbox vaccum ports can be plugged up.

Your first area of concern is to mount up the 49 mm TBs and to check & set the adjustments. Then with the airbox mounted, check the throttle cable WOT and gaspedal WOT positions. Its pretty easy to forget this. If you have any other questions is to post in the general discussion a new thread.

John

4. John

BTW, still have the following left over:

-- 1x 46 / 18 CF airbox+snorkel+install kit (shipping from Florida)
    -- 1x S50 airbox (euro S50) for use with MAF (also shipping from florida)

John

5. zero26

zero26 New Member

PM sent regarding the airbox for S50