Group Buy 2007: CF Airbox and Maxx Alpha N

Discussion in 'Classifieds (old)' started by John, Aug 16, 2007.

1. redsportt

redsportt Member Forum Supporter

DOES ANYONE HAVE PICTURES TO POST OR EMAIL ON INSTALLING THE AIR FILTER HOUSING ON THE CF SETUP PLEASE

2. Ian

Ian New Member

airfilter

John,

What type/brand of panel filter do you recommend with the DTM airbox? I had been thinking of a large cone filter, but may not be able to fit the cone in my engine bay with the CF airbox. Just thinking about maximizing flow.

Thanks,
    Ian
    '76 M2

3. John

John 2.7l S14 Forum Supporter

Hi Ian, have a look at this pic from Rays 2002, it is a very clean install IMO and he used a cone filter. The location he chose is also more ideal for a number of reasons.

http://www.s14power.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=545&d=1198254703

[​IMG]

Thanks for posting up your pics, we get requests periodically from 2002 owners looking for other owners install pictures. There is a 2002 owner not far from where I live, he just visited me this weekend, he has a nice 2.5l gr A engine with 330 hp installed. Quite impressive car.

John

4. Ian

Ian New Member

Thanks for the quick response, John. I did some more measuring, and don't think a panel filter will save me much room after all, if I include room for some kind of plenum. I was previously using a K&N cone filter that was 112 mm diameter x 203 mm long with an outlet ID of 78 mm. This matched up to the stock AF meter, but might be restrictive for the CF airbox. The closest match I could find for the airbox inlet (119 mm) was an ITG JC60/124, which is a cylindrical filter that is 180 mm diameter x 160 mm long with an outlet ID of 124 mm. The ITG filter is 1.5x the volume of the old K&N, so combined with the outlet diameter it should not be restrictive. Unfortunately, it leaves very little room for the connecting hose, so I'll have to pay attention to allowing for engine movement.

330 hp in an M2? I am envious of your neighbor!
    Ian
    '76 M2

5. jedm3

jedm3 New Member

John,
    Sent an email regarding maxx a/n. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Cheers,
    John

6. empty

empty Member

John, email sent, re kits and parts other than the airbox.

Mike

7. John

Uriel & James your stuff went out today.

Ian -- shoot ray an email regarding the filter, his solution looks very nice and would save you time. I would use the long hose. I may also have the p/n laying around somewhere.

all: I have to check what our inventory is and contact in the new year.

John

8. Playo

Playo Member

Posted this morning.

Excellent packaging and top quality parts!

Thank you John ;)

9. Playo

Playo Member

John

Do you happen to sell the BMW Motorsport sticker that goes across the side of the airbox?

10. John

Adam, here is an old picture I found, Thomas also has a picture in his gallery.

[​IMG]

click here for large view

EDIT:
    I found the picture where Thomas (Revmaster T) has it installed with the custom AC radiator that he had made up as the stock AC radiator is too large to fit. Direct any questions about the custom AC radiator to Thomas. The pictures show a K&N panel filter, it is a bit squished not sure why, Thomas was just test fitting on these pics so perhaps it wasnt secured.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

John

11. John

We are out of stickers at the moment, but they are on order.

John

12. redsportt

redsportt Member Forum Supporter

many thanks in the meantime.........i will try and take a sequence of photos as it is being done for clarity.........probably it becomes self evident as you do it

13. URIEL

URIEL New Member

I have my CF replica plenum.

It´s perfect. :D

Thanks John

14. John

Glad you liked it and thanks for letting me know it got there ok.

John

15. BMWMAN

BMWMAN New Member

John,
    As promised. great service,Excellent packaging and top quality parts!

16. ogi///M3

ogi///M3 Member

John, received the new cf box few days ago.
    excellent quality! Thank you again, looking
    forward to have business with you again.
    perhaps a set of cams in the future...
    cheers, Ogi

17. John

We are delivering the last of the airboxes from the GB.

There are 2 additional 48 mm airbox setups available (buyer backed out).

and we have 1 46 mm airbox+snorkel (located in florida).

John

18. Demlotcrew

Demlotcrew Well-Known Member Forum Supporter

So i can expect mines soon? :)

19. John

yep, your airbox is done Andrew. it will ship shortly, either martin will send it or I will as soon as I get back. you also have 49 mm TBs which are finished, they will ship once i get back to germany.

John

20. SYED

SYED Member

pm sent regarding 48mm airbox