downsized seating area

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by autox320, Mar 19, 2016.

1. autox320

autox320 Active Member Forum Supporter

Had a fancy man couch and larger piece of glass on the coffee table. It took up lots of room, looked cool, but got tired of it. The couch was way to high end for my needs in a sunroom, and wanted something different.

Some scrap material I welded up. Left over 1" angle iron and some 3/4" heavy wall moly tubing.
    So the M3 factory seats are very nice condition I took out of my car to replace with track OMP seats. They operate just like in the car with full functions. Can also inflate the tires a bit extra for the "sport" feel seating. Firms up the sidewalls of the tires for less motion.

Mounted seats on the wheels that came on it. The wheels are what came on my M3 when purchased in 2005. The first owner wanted uprated wheels at the time of purchase so not even sure it came with factory 15's. He had moda 16x8's (by bbs) on it when I got it from him at 36,000 miles.
    Block is a M10 with 10.5:1 domed pistons in it. They may come out for another 2.0+ build but for now they are stored for viewing. The edges of the deck have started to rust a bit. My girl says leave it that it adds character.

Anyways here it is this weekend.

Attached Files:

autohabit likes this.